While debugging my UWP apps, I recently started getting this System.ExecutionEngineExeptionrandomly (roughly 50% of the time) when navigating to a new page.

Today I finally found a fix for this, thanks to some awesome people on Twitter and in the tech community! The cnoversation started here on Twitter. As you can read, I already pointed out that I tried to disable all Hot Reload related stuff on UWP, but with limited success. Timo Partl pointed to this issue on the GitHub which I apprently missed.

There, MattRames suggests to add the following to your csproj:


Since I’ve added this to my csproj, I haven’t  had this exception any more!

Let’s hope Microsoft fixes this issue soon!